Gingham Baby Blanket


Gingham Baby Blanket

I forgot to measure it before I gave it away as a present but it's a perfectly sized square baby blanket. I used "I Love This Yarn" from Hobby Lobby which made it perfectly soft!

Yarn: worsted weight yarn
Color A: Hot Rose
Color B: Pink
Color C: White

Size "I" crochet hook

Stripe sequence, Strip1 (make 4): 12 rows A, 12 rows B, 12 rows A, 12 rows B, 12 rows A, 12 rows B, 12 rows A.

Stripe sequence, Strip2 (make 3): 12 rows B, 12 rows C, 12 rows B, 12 rows C, 12 rows B, 12 rows C, 12 rows B.

Strip ins:
Ch 16

Row 1: sk 2 ch (count as 1 hdc), 1 hdc into next and each ch to end, turn. (15 hdc).

Row 2: 2 ch (count as 1 hdc), sk first st, 1 hdc into next and each st to end working last st into top of turning ch, turn

Repeat row 2 for a total of 12 rows. Change color according to stripe sequence.

Finishing:

Whipstitch strips together alternating strips 1 and 2 using color B.
Rd 1: Join color B in any stitch on the edge, ch 2, hdc in next st and evenly around with 3 hdc in the corners. Join with sl st to top of ch 2.
Rd 2: Ch 2, hdc in next st and in each hdc around with 3 hdc in the corners. Join with sl st to top of ch 2, finish off. Hide all ends.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful baby afghan! I love the colors you used and how you placed them - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this for a soon-to-arrive niece. It's adorable. Thanks for posting!

    I'm new to crocheting, but I did have to chain 17 on the first step to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering, how many skeins of each color is needed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I used 1 white, 2 hot rose, and 3 pink. If I remember correctly that is! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I LOVE this!!
    I'm making one w/purple & lavendar.
    How did you carry & cover the diff. yarns/colors?
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished a blanket using your pattern and it was so easy and fast! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so ute I madthis blanket as well and it is pretty big though I didn't use as much yarn as you did. A skein and a half of both pinks and half a skein of white. I'll have to post it on my blog in the next few days b/c I don't know how to post the link to my pics I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see it on either of your blogs. I am curious as to how large it turned out and or what the gauge is. I am thinking of making one as a car blanket and would like a smaller than crib size, maybe 27" x 27".

      Delete
  8. thank you for this pattern. I made one in blue for a boy and it came out great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment